Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Switch 2477D broken?

Hi everyone,

I'm a relative newbie at Insteon functioning but have several devices set up and controlled (mostly switches). I have an Insteon 2477D switch controlling my wall sconces. The switch is outside in a weather proof control box that never gets opened (I use the app to control it). I noticed my lights were not responding so I went to the physical switch. The dimming light panel on the switch shows the lights should be on but the lights are off. Clicking the switch on or off does move the dimming indicator on or off but the hub is not recognizing the status, nor is it controlling the switch when commanded. The lights stay off no matter the command from the app or directly pushing the switch button. I am using an ISY-944i hub. All my other devices are functioning normally.

Does this sound like my switch has died? If it has, is there a better outdoor solution? The only outdoor switch I am finding is a plug in version.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards.

Originally posted by mclowejr View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a relative newbie at Insteon functioning but have several devices set up and controlled (mostly switches). I have an Insteon 2477D switch controlling my wall sconces. The switch is outside in a weather proof control box that never gets opened (I use the app to control it). I noticed my lights were not responding so I went to the physical switch. The dimming light panel on the switch shows the lights should be on but the lights are off. Clicking the switch on or off does move the dimming indicator on or off but the hub is not recognizing the status, nor is it controlling the switch when commanded. The lights stay off no matter the command from the app or directly pushing the switch button. I am using an ISY-944i hub. All my other devices are functioning normally.

Does this sound like my switch has died? If it has, is there a better outdoor solution? The only outdoor switch I am finding is a plug in version.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards.
    I would post on the isy forums for the best response from isy members. They can walk you through the process of restoring a device or swapping one.

Most likely the triacs have gone bad in your dimmer. You can try to factory reset the device to see if that brings it to life. Weatherproof boxes protect the device from direct fluid invasion but not from humidity and the few that is naturally in the air. This is what probably caused premature death.

I would use a micromodule (depending on wattage) behind a standard switch as it could potentially last a little bit longer since it wouldn't be as exposed to the outside
    Last edited by lilyoyo1; 04-06-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Definitely try a full reset. I had a similar issue with a 2477S recently...
        I've been running my Insteon setup almost totally fine since install in early 2016. 2245-222 Hub (replaced in 2018 due to failure), iOS app, and ~30 devices, mostly switches & dimmers. But this week, I've noticed a new issue - My garage light switch is a 2477S, controlled by both a motion sensor and (2) IOLincs on my

Comment

Full reset is a last option but it is very good if the functionality is very complicated to understand. However, there shouldn't be any problem with the hardware, otherwise the full reset will also not work.
          Last edited by TheTrend; 04-26-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X