Expanding System into new building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding System into new building

We've had a simple Insteon system for a few years now. A hub and a couple of dimmers, switches, the outdoor plug for our landscape lighting, etc. It has worked well and have no complaints.

We're building a new building on the property that has its own electrical panel but will be on the same network via a Cat 6 run back to the main house in a conduit. We plan to add a lot more devices in that building. Will I need another hub that requires that building to be setup independently or can I just expand the current setup. The cost of the hub isn't a big deal but I'd like the two integrations to be as seamless as possible.

Even though I have no complaints with our current Insteon devices, I'm debating between sticking with Insteon or spending considerably more for Lutron Ra2 Select in that building. We're talking about probably a dozen light switches or so, a few scene remotes and a few outlets. If the new app was out, I might have more confidence in further investment but as it stands now, I have a bit of reluctance with further investment in the ecosystem.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bhh; 02-26-2020, 08:49 AM.
Working...
X