Fanlinc installation issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanlinc installation issues

I'm trying to get a fanlinc working. I have it installed and I think I did it correctly but the fan will not turn on. The only thing I can think of that could be the issue is either my fan has a DC motor ( its over 10 years old and was installed before I moved in ) or a wiring issue.

The fan is a Hunter 28094 and I cannot find if it is a DC fan. Or even a wiring schematic. I would not think so as old as it could be. Possibly made in 2002 according to a sticker thats on it? Maybe I'm just not searching for the right lingo? I guess I could take it apart more and find out that way but I dont want to go that far yet.

Right now I have the red wire from the fanlinc hooked into the hot leg of the chain pull switch. Switch set on high. There are wires going into a capacitor and from the capacitor to the fan reverse switch and from there into a molex type connector.

Do I need to bypass the capacitor?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

To be honest no I did not see that. It makes sense. I just looked at the wiring diagram. I will do that and report back. Thank you.

Comment

I added it to my ISY and it worked. Thank you! I would have pulled my hair out until I finally read the safety "blah blah blah".

Comment

very good and meaningful article, i have learned a few more things.five nights at freddy's

Comment

Working...
        X