Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential 2663-222 On/Off Outlet & Hub App Issue?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential 2663-222 On/Off Outlet & Hub App Issue?.

Hello,

I installed a 2663-222 On/Off outlet. When I added it to the Hub, it only registered the outlet as one device, but according to the On/Off outlet specs, both upper and lower outlets are controllable, so shouldn't the Hub have registered/recognized the upper and lower outlets as independent outlets so that I may control each separately from within the devices section of my Android app? If anyone has any idea, please share. I'm new to Insteon (X-10 in transition to Insteon) and I'm trying to feel my way around the new technology without having to get an Electrical Engineering degree.

thanks
    iosman

The iOS version of Insteon for Hub supports the dual outlet. If you can get your hands on an iOS device that would be best.

Comment

I was told by tech support that both bottom and top need to be on to program. Try that.

Comment

Originally posted by brandt View Post
        The iOS version of Insteon for Hub supports the dual outlet. If you can get your hands on an iOS device that would be best.
        Otherwise I agree with him. iOS or nothing

Comment

I too have a similar situation. I am using an iOS device and successfully added the receptacle it to the hub. However it gets added as one device. I tried adding the top and bottom outputs individually without success. There is no other intuitive way of splitting the receptacle's top and bottom when using the App. The Hub's manual is useless in this regard. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Yep, I'm a newbee.

Comment

Working...
          X