Controlling Celing Fan when Heat is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Celing Fan when Heat is on

I am using an IO Linc Low Voltage Controller to trigger an Insteon Switch Linc. The controller when triggered turns on the Ceiling Fan.

The IO Linc is connected to a 110 vac relay which energizes from 110 vac leads from the furnace (EAC connection). The relay routes the Ground and Sense connections on the IO Linc to trigger the controller. The 110 vac leads are powered when the blower motor is on which is exactly what I want.

NOW here is the wrinkle, the furnace is a two stage furnace which has two blower motor speeds. When the furnace switches between the two blower mode speeds the 110 vac supplied from the furnace momentarily goes off. So there is a split second which causes the IO Linc to send an off signal and then back to an on signal This causes the Switch Linc to click a couple times.

I am trying to come up with a solution that would work around this problem in the furnace were the 110 vac momentarily goes off and then back on.

Electronically, would a capacitor solve this. I just want to bridge the split second where the 110 vac transitions from on to off and then back on.

Any electronic wizards out there that can help me with this. Thank you.
Working...
X