Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc with only two wires?.

Hello,

I think I know the answer, but tho would ask anyways. I want to put a keypadlinc on each side of the bed, so we can turn on all exterior lights, or monitor the garage door, etc.

I found out that one of the boxes, only has two wires. Would it be possible to use a dual band keypadlinc, and still function like the other one on the other side of the bed. The on and off buttons will control a light over the bed. One on each side..

thanks
    iosman
    Last edited by iosman; 11-09-2019, 12:39 AM.

Both would need to be wired so they both have a Line and Neutral power connection. Then cap off one of the modules Red Load wire and the other module has its Red Load wire controlling the load. Cross linking the two to each other.
    Do both control the same light now or are they controlling different loads. Some rewiring maybe needed and if the two wire one is a switch loop on a separate load. Give more details on the exact setup.

Comment

In your problem, you need wired connection from both so they both have a Line & get neutral power connection. I hope it works...

Comment

Working...
      X