3-way acting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-way acting up

About nine years ago I installed 60+ Insteon devices in my home. I am currently having an issue with a 3-way system. The 2nd switch, an Icon In-wall Dimmer (2876D), worked in On/Off mode but it failed to show On when the Main switch, a SwitchLinc Dimmer (2476DH), was turned On. I am preparing to sell my home and I want everything to be right. When I use my phone app or my computer to turn the Main On it delays by up to 10+ seconds in responding to turn it On.

I use the Indigo App to run my system. I tried to re-setup the Main SwitchLinc by deleting the device in Indigo and opening a new device and re-entering the device number and starting the linking process. It will not link and consistently says “device not responding”. I tried to manually press and hold the Set, press the On paddle and hold until the device beeps, but this didn’t work either.

What can I do or re-do to salvage the device?

Did you try a Factory Reset on them before trying the deletions and adding again?

At nine years old. It is possible the 2876D Icon switch is failing. Device not responding may mean it is failing.
    Is the load on the 2456D main switch or the 2876D Icon?
    Do both still control the load?

Since both switches are the older power line only models. Any new or moved electronic devices that maybe effecting the signals to the switches?
    Last edited by BLH; 09-29-2019, 04:57 AM. Reason: Add Information

Comment

Working...
    X