Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Control Porch Light?

Hello,

When you walk into my house from the front door there is a 2 part light switch. The top switch controls the light where you walk in. The bottom switch controls the porch light. The picture below shows graphically how it’s assigned.

I am replacing the switch with a Insteon 2334-232 6 button keypad switch.

The top and bottom buttons will control the light where you walk in. That leaves 4 extra (center) buttons. How do I assign one of those four buttons to the porch light? Is there a Insteon part that I would wire inline so that I can control the porch light on and off from one of those 4 buttons? 0xc004f074

thanks
    iosman
    Last edited by iosman; 08-06-2019, 03:20 AM.

The center buttons on the keypad are meant to be linked to other Insteon devices. Assuming you are in North America, and depending on the wattage, you could use either a 2443-222 micro-relay or for bigger draws you can use the 2475SDB relay. Both are meant to be embedded in a gang box.

Once you have the relay in place you can create a scene in the Hub app with the keypad button as a controller and the relay as a responder

- or -
    1. tap the button you want to control so its back lit
    2. hold the keypad set button down for three seconds to put into linking mode
      • the button that you are linking to should be flashing
    3. go to the relay and turn it on
    4. press and hold its set button for three seconds to pair it to the keypad.

Comment

Working...
    X