Which Dimmer Switch to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Dimmer Switch to use?

New to Insteon... And I'm trying to figure out what dimmable, 3 - way switches I can use for this scenario in my basement that I'm almost done finishing now. (I made a mistake on my wiring and used 14-3 when I should have used 14-4.)

See the attached picture. What type of Insteon product should I use to get a dimmable 3-way switch at Box A & Box B?

I ran a dedicated 14-3 homerun from Box A to Box B. But the can lights come back to Box A via 14-2. Can I do dimmable 3 way switches at Box A and Box B for the 8 (LED) recessed can lights in my new drop ceiling? If it matters, I also need to pigtail the power feed in Box B to catch a stand-alone light /switch in the Closet (Box C).

I'm using Halo brand Can Lights, made by Eaton (purchased at Home Depot). HALO LED # LT56 Retrofit LED. Are Insteon switches compatible with this can light/LED housing?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

The #LT56 manual calls these as being compatible with both leading and trailing edge dimmers so you would want to use a #2477D. The #2474DWH two-wire switch is not meant for LED loads.

On paper the #2477D and #LT56 work but I would recommend doing a bench test with the fixtures and a #2477D before getting everything mounted. There are different ways for LED manufacturers to approach dimming and some do not play nicely with the Insteon dimmers.

The 2477D can be linked to 400 other switches so no issues with your three-way. You just need to make sure that line, load and neutral connections are available at the main switch location and line and neutral are available at the secondary switch locations.

Comment

Working...
    X