Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc with only two wires

Hi,

I think I know the answer, but tho would ask anyways. I want to put a keypadlinc on each side of the bed, so we can turn on all exterior lights, or monitor the garage door, etc.

I found out that one of the boxes, only has two wires. Would it be possible to use a dual band keypadlinc, and still function like the other one on the other side of the bed. best cordless handheld vacuum

The on and off buttons will controll a light over the bed. One on each side.

thanks
    iosman
    Last edited by iosman; 08-03-2019, 06:57 AM.

No. The kpl requires hot and neutral. There may be ways to get a neutral to that box however

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
      Actually yes, you can use a KeypadLinc when just two wires are available in the switch box. The trick is, you need to get to the other end of those two wires so you can connect them to your electrical system’s line and neutral. Then you cap off the red load wire on the keypad without connecting it to anything and use it as a multi-button controller of other modules.

Depending on the way the wiring was run, you may need to add an additional Insteon module at the fixture (a Micro Module) so that you can run unswitched line to both the load and second switch box.
      Been there, done this. Though with an ordinary 3 wire switch and not a KPL, the theory is identical. Although more expensive, depending on the amount of the lighting load it is preferred over a 2-wire dimmer, at least where I had to do it.

Comment

Working...
      X