No announcement yet.

How to get Android app to control two Switchlinc dimmers in 3-way configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get Android app to control two Switchlinc dimmers in 3-way configuration

I have two dimmers that have been cross linked. Operating either one shows the status of the leds in the same position for both (both on or both off). So the crosslinking and operation are fine. However, if I operate the one with the load using the Android app, the light operates, but the other switchlinc led doesn't change to reflect the new status.

What have I missed?

This issue is that you are not turning on both devices by a scene. When you send a command to turn on one switch that may be linked to other things it only turn that device on. That device In turn does not send out an on command itself to other devices. This is by design.

Use the scene option. If you have an isy controller you can do it be a program when turning on the device instead of a scene.

Comment

I'll look into scenes.

Comment

So I set up a scene in the desktop app and turning that scene on in the app turned on both lights. Now I tried to do the same thing in the Android app and the scenes don't show up. I also added rooms in the desktop app that aren't showing in the phone app. NOthing is ever easy...

Comment

Restarting the phone made it fetch the changes...

Comment

You can also go into the app setting and choose the options to update changes (can't remember exactly what's it called

Comment

Couldn't find anything in the app to update changes. In fact, now I added a device and room and the device in the room in the phone app and it doesn't show up in Favorites even though I added it there. And rebooting phone didn't help. Usually I add devices in the desktop app. It has been a while since I added stuff and I forgot that the phone app kind of sucks in a different way than the PC app sucks. I started looking into writing my own app a while back. I'm just too busy to look at that but maybe I'll get irritated enough to look back at that. As I recall the API kind of sucked too.

… time passes …

I got it all straightened out either on the phone or the desktop app.
              Last edited by mtiede; 07-14-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X