• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get two motion detectors to turn ON and OFF a light

Hi,

I have a light control with 2447S and one motion detector #1 in room “A”
    I also have another motion detector #2 in the “hallway” leading to room “A”
    I want to turn “ON” the light when going in room “A” and turn it “OFF” when leaving the room into the hallway.
    I’m not too sure how to program this! I’ve tried the different combination with the two motion detectors with no success. I must add that room “A” has two more doors that activate the light as well. 500error

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
    iosman
    Last edited by iosman; 07-23-2019, 10:41 PM.

Are you using a Insteon Controller? Like a HUB, ISY994i or software running through a computer and PLM.
    Trying to do all this with the Manual Set button method?

Comment

You would need an isy or some other powerful controller like it to accomplish what you are trying to do. With that said, the setup your looking at will probably cause more problems than it solves for a multitude of reasons

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
        You would need an isy or some other powerful controller like it to accomplish what you are trying to do. With that said, the setup your looking at will probably cause more problems than it solves for a multitude of reasons
        Mostly people and sensor position related. Technically on an ISY it's pretty straightforward to do the described programming.

Comment

Originally posted by jec6613 View Post
          Mostly people and sensor position related. Technically on an ISY it's pretty straightforward to do the described programming.
          That's what I said he would need. While it can be done via programs, the experience itself wouldn't be the best set up in that manner.

Comment

Working...
          X