Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamp control 230v

hi guys,

I'm about to install switchlinc light switches and dimmers in my apartment. I'd like to control my lamps as well, the lamplinc module available is 110v and there are some lamp plug in module available for 230v but they specify that it's EU compatible only ? I assume this means that these won't work with the insteon Hub or switchlinc dimmers and switches? Any suggestions on how I control my lamps ? .

iosman
    Last edited by iosman; 07-09-2019, 09:11 AM.

Where are you located?

Comment

Even though the SwitchLinc switches have a 100-277 Volt AC 50/60 Hertz power supply rating. They are certified for some areas of the world.
      Being Dual Band. Their Insteon RF frequency is for this area of the world.
      Using them in other parts of the world. They will have the wrong Insteon RF frequency for other parts of the world. Even though the AC input maybe OK for the universal power supply in them.
      The modules for EU. Have the correct power plugs and output outlets and are on the proper Insteon RF frequency certified for the EU.

So mixing EU and US modules in the same system. Would probably only control through the AC power lines or the US frequency one would only communicate by RF with other US modules and EU models with other EU models.

This also applies to the HUB as they have models for different parts of the world. Mixing different part of the world modules can be a problem of Insteon RF communications and possible use of non certified module in other areas of the world.

Comment

Working...
      X