Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something different about Mini-Remotes as Controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there something different about Mini-Remotes as Controllers?

I have some scenes and programs that turn on/off several lights (wake, dusk, sleep, etc.). When I trigger the scene or program using a Mini-Remote at least one and sometimes two lights fail to operate, and it's often different lights, not the same ones, yet the Current State in ISY shows it in the proper state. If I use ISY to trigger it, it seems to always work 100%.

For example, I have a Dark Day scene that turns on several lights around the house including a table lamp that did not turn on one day. I checked the ISY status, which said it was on at the proper dim level - it uses a LampLinc. At other times it works OK. Sometimes the bedroom ceiling don't come on, or go off. Always when using a mini-remote, but not always the same lights fail . . .

Last night my Sleep program left two circuits of yard lights on. I clicked the button on the mini-remote several times with no result. I went to ISY and ran the program and they went off.

The mini-remotes sometimes blink red several times, which I understand means something failed to operate. Does it retry, how many times? I don't see any Errors in the ISY Log. Anything I can do about this?

At this point my Insteon system is less reliable than my X10 system was.

Some additional insight please.
    Last edited by iosman; 07-09-2019, 08:58 AM.

Have you tried asking in the UDI forum?
    Is the Mini-Remote triggering a scene through the ISY994i or is the remote manually linked to the modules? With an ISY994i all the linking should be done though it. Manual links will not be seen by the ISY994i.
    If it is not triggering the scene through the ISY994i. That could be the problem. If some of the modules directly linked to the buttons are not sending an ACK signal back. The RED flashing would indicate the missing replies.

Comment

Are your scenes linked directly to your controller or are you activating your scenes via programs?

Comment

Working...
      X