Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to make older keypad dimmer a responder to a newer keypad dimmer

Hi,
    I have two 6 button keypad dimmers, an older 2486 and a newer 2334. I have been able to make the older controller turn on the newer main dimmer, however, I have not been able to do the reverse: have the newer 2334 control the main dimmer on the older 2486.

This is the procedure from the 2334 manual (page 9, add keypad button to a scene as a controller)
    1) Tap the scene button you wish to set.
    2) Press and hold the set button until keypad beeps - short beep, flashing scene and set button
    3) Adjust the responder to state you want (fully on).
    4) Press and hold the responder set button until double beep, load flashes, short beep on responder, responder no longer flashing.
    Result: Controller scene button not linked/working:
    Pressing the controller scene button lights scene button and set button single flashes green; pressing scene button again turns of scene button and controller single flashes red.

This is anther procedure I have tried (from the 2486 manual):
    1) Press and hold a scene button on the controller for 10 seconds - short beep flashing scene and set button.
    2) Press and hold the ON button on the responder for 10 seconds - lights flash on a couple times, controller short beeps and exits linking mode, set button slow flashed green or red
    Result: Controller scene button not linked/working

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by handyguy; 02-04-2019, 02:25 PM.

Make sure the device is in the on position when linking

Comment

Hi, thanks for the tip.
      It was on when I attempted linking. Now when I try to relink (or break the link) the keypad controller long beeps, the scene button continues to flash and the set button also flashes red.

Comment

I'll try disconnecting the load and relinking tomorrow; let you know how it goes.

Comment

No luck, same response as before - flashing scene light, flashing red set button, long beep. bummer.
          Any other ideas? They are obviously communicating, and the link works the other way, with the old model as the controller...
          Last edited by handyguy; 02-05-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Resolved - I relocated a powerline range extender from the basement to the floor where the controller is located. It used to be needed to make the devices on that floor work, buy they seem to be working fine without it there.

Comment

Working...
            X