Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunset sunrise scene

good afternoon all,
    I have two insteon switch links for outdoor lighting that I tried putting on a scene for on at dusk off at dawn. I previously had one of the switches scheduled to turn and at off as specified and it worked great. installed the second switch last night and realized only one device can have the same time schedule so i put them both in a scene. i manually turned it on last night after i got the scene setup up but it did not follow the schedule and turn off at dawn.....how do I keep the scene running without manually turning the scene on and off?
    Thanks

Any time that you want multiple devices to turn on or off at the same time, you will have to use scenes to accomplish that.
    It sounds like you will need to clear the schedule on those devices, and then create scenes for on and off. First create a Sunset (or Dusk) scene containing those switches to turn them on. Select Sunset as the on time.
    You will need to create another Sunrise (or Dawn) scene with those devices to turn them off. In that scene, choose Sunrise as the off time.
    Last edited by LakeRat; 12-17-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

oh ok so two separate scenes and I just keep both scenes on so they run all the time?

Comment

Scenes only run at their scheduled times, or when you click on them

Comment

so I created two separate scenes, one for the lights to come on and one for them to turn off. the scenes are set with the sunrise sunset schedules but they still dont turn on or off at the scheduled time? any ideas? maybe im missing a setting somewhere. I have both of them set to responder off and on for sunrise and sunset, not sure what else i could be missing

Comment

Can you do screencaps of the scene, and post them here? Maybe we can figure out what went wrong.
            Also, did you check the days that you want it to run?

On Android:

Just press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, hold them for a second, and your phone will take a
            screenshot
            . It'll show up in your Gallery app.
            Last edited by LakeRat; 12-19-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X