Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2474dwh vs 2477d

Hi all,

I currently have some 2477D dimmer switches which I've had issues with in the past tripping my ARC fault breakers. Had to replace some breakers to resolve. Now I'm looking to add more switches and wanted to know if the 2474dwh would be ok to use without the neutral since the switches will be close to my ISY controller. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

The 2474 can only used with incandescent bulbs so that is one thing to consider. As long as it's within rf range you should be fine in regards to communication. With that said, it would be impossible to say since every environment is different. I'd connect one and test it to find out

Comment

Since it gets it power through the load {incandescent bulbs}. You also can't rewire a three way setup to use 2474 Insteon Modules. Like you could with the Insteon modules with the Neutral power connection.

Comment

Thanks guys. Guess I'll stick with the 2477D then and hope for the best.

Comment

if you're having issues with ARC fault breakers, you may want to consult with a licensed electrician to ensure that your wiring is up to code and to identify any potential safety hazards.
          Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 12:58 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Territorial io
            Hi all,

I currently have some 2477D dimmer switches which I've had issues with in the past tripping my ARC fault breakers. Had to replace some breakers to resolve. Now I'm looking to add more switches and wanted to know if the 2474dwh would be ok to use without the neutral since the switches will be close to my ISY controller. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
            Are the breakers divided into many types? Use any type of breaker to limit burning or shorting.
            Last edited by Gustavonas; 05-24-2023, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X