2632-222 On/Off Outlet Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2632-222 On/Off Outlet Issue

Hello. This is the first issue I've had with any of my Insteon stuff after owning a fair amount of it for over a year now and some for over 2 years. I have an outlet, outside on my porch in a weather proof box, that will not turn on or off using Alexa or the Insteon app...yet, it does know the status of the outlet (on or off) if I push the buttons manually. I tried a reset by flipping the breaker off, pressing and holding the set button, then having my GF flip the breaker back on, but nothing changed.

Is this possibly a bad outlet? I installed it this last summer, at the time I tested it and it seemed to work fine. Now that the holidays are here I went to hook up some Halloween lights and as I mentioned, the only way I can get either outlet to switch on or off is manually.

Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What's plugged into it? There could possibly be noise interference on that circuit

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      What's plugged into it? There could possibly be noise interference on that circuit
      It doesn’t switch even without anything plugged into it. I did have some outdoor lights plugged into it, but then unplugged them and tried again. Still no response. Just seems odd that the app almost instantly sees the status of the outlet change when I do it manually though.

Comment

After messing around with it some more, I managed to fix it. I had to delete the device from the app, actually Force Delete it since the app was struggling, then re-add it. Once I did that, it seems to be working fine now. Just in case anyone has a similar issue in the future...

Comment

Working...
        X