Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanlinc compatible with my ceiling fan?

Hi,

From the following note: "Compatible with ceiling fans with an AC motor. Ceiling fans with DC-motor and built-in remote control motors are not compatible.", how can I tell if my ceiling fan has a DC-motor? Should it be explicitly mention in the product specs?

Also, can I just try it and if it works then I can use it? Or it can just operate but not "efficiently".

Well, before submitting this post I just installed replacing the wireless module on the fan with the fanlinc, so far it's working... So I guess it's safe to use it, or not?

Thanks,
    JJ

It would be almost impossible to list all the fans it would and would not work with. As there are so many manufacturers and model fans being sold these days.
    If it has a DC motor it probably will not work as the FanLinc outputs an AC voltage a DC motor would not run on.
    What model fan?

Comment

Thanks for the response, it's a "Home decorators collection" model "Tidal Breeze".

Comment

Thanks for the information.
        I will see if I can find out anything more.

Some of the web search sites found some Tidal Breeze fans with DC motors. I believe others seemed to have the AC motors.
        Last edited by BLH; 10-21-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Hi All -

I was reading this post/question in regard to the fanlinc's compatibility with the Tidal Breeze Home Decorators fan. I attempted to use the fanlinc with the same fan and cannot get it to work. The fanlinc has power but the buttons do not respond at all when trying to set it up. I was hoping someone could provide some insight on set up to get this to work.

Comment

Working...
          X