Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scheduled / programmed dimming - possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled / programmed dimming - possible??

Is it possible to program an Insteon lamp module to dim at a given time? IE: Lights on 100% at 20 minutes prior to sunset - dim lights to 50% at 10:00PM - turn off at 11:30PM? I can find no way to do this within the IPhone app. Perhaps there is some 3rd party software to assist? Am replacing an aging Radio RA system and this feature is very much desired. Thanks!

Tombob,

Create different scenes called 100 percent and another called 50 percent.

Put the lamp module in both scenes. In the 50% scene set the lamp to 50 percent in the scene.

Have your 100% program come on at Sunset and off at 11:30pm

Have the 50% scene only turn on at 10pm

If you have to have the 20 min after sunset then you need to use another controller. Something like the isy 994i from Universal Devices. It can do before and after sunset times

Comment

How would I do that, but without turning the light on at that time, just changing the dimness level the light would have if and when we click it on?

Comment

Okay, I was hoping there was a way to do it with the regular app.
        I don't have an ISY, but I should be able to do it on my mac server with some simple programs using home-controller (https://github.com/automategreen/home-controller) shouldn't I?

I just saw this on the ISY wiki: "Setting the device properties (local level and ramp rate) via the ISY will require you to reset switches before they take effect. You can cycle the circuit breaker or pull the set button on a switch for a few seconds." -- Is that consistent with what you're suggesting?

Comment

I believe the power cycle was only needed on the older Insteon modules.
          The maximum 9 minute rate is no longer valid. 8 is now the maximum rate. Picking 9 on a later version gets you minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X