Insteon 2477DH units magically controlling others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2477DH units magically controlling others

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this scenario.

I installed an Insteon system in a hotel in 2016, and generally speaking, it's been functioning well, with the exception of a few hiccups. Hub, two range extenders and 24 wall switches.

Lately -- the last couple of months -- a few of the 2477DH switches have started controlling other 2477DH switches, although they were never linked previously.

Anyone have a solution for this?

I have about 150 programmed scenes...would be absolutely fantastic if a solution didn't involve me removing or adding any devices.

Thanks!

If these switches are public facing its possible that someone who know Insteon put them in link mode manually and linked them together. Note I said possible.

You can just simply unlink the switches manually from the outlet switches that became linked.

Comment

I wish it were that simple, but I'm afraid it is some sort of internal glitch with the hub. That's the only thing I could come up with. This afternoon I spent a LOT of time attempting to unlink the switches, many of which wouldn't go into unlinking mode with the red blinking light. I ended up doing factory resets on the switches, and now they work as they should as standalone wall switches, however, none of the controls through the hub work as they should. I attempted to create some new scenes through the hub app, and then the switches went haywire again, controlling things they shouldn't.

A little backstory: This hub actually died a couple of months ago (no lights, no power), but I resurrected it using tips from some guys on the Insteon forum, by replacing three capacitors. Perhaps there was some other internal damage.

I have a spare hub that I think I will put into service on Tuesday. There's no way that I have the time or patience, to spend 48 cumulative hours removing 32 devices from the system. As it is, it will take that long to program everything from scratch.

I believe that I need to delete the house account, though, before creating it anew on the new hub.

Comment

Man, I think you may have to insist on Insteon providing backup functionality.

Comment

Ha! If only there were such a thing...

Comment

Homeseer third party plugins

Comment

Working...
            X