Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devices not supported on Insteon Hub question (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices not supported on Insteon Hub question (?)

I've got some IR controlled candles (Luminara) I'd really like to get hooked into my Insteon scenes. I know the IR Linc Transmitter has been discontinued, but it seems to still be available from some sources. However, it appears they never added support for that device with the Insteon Hub & app. My question is if I have a keypad that triggers a hub defined scene with a given button whether I could then go through the linking procedure manually (not through app) and add the IR Linc onto the scene via being a responder to that button?

You can manually link a keypad to the irlinc and control it directly from the keypad. However that will still not allow the hub to control the irlinc.

Comment

it appears they never added support for that device with the Insteon Hub & app.control it directly from the keypad . However that will still not allow the hub to control the irlinc, Wow actually i loved your blog man , Thanks for sharing awesome content .

Last edited by iosman; 02-26-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

You should be able to do that. The keypad would trigger the hub scene then the manual link would control the irlinc. Is this what you are asking? Keypad would relay commands, so essentially the hub would control the irlinc via keypad.

Comment

or no sorry ... the hub should control the keypad that has manual links ?

Comment

The Hub is inherently a controller so it will not respond to scene command from a keypad to trigger another scene. (Not to be confused with URL direct commands) When you trigger the button in the app, even though there are manual links it will only toggle the keypad button On/Off, not the scene. This is where conditional logic comes in:

If control of the keypad is ON then trigger Scene X.

This would have to be done on an ISY, Indigo or something of that caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by socalPJ View Post
              I've got some IR controlled candles (Luminara) I'd really like to get hooked into my Insteon scenes. I know the IR Linc Transmitter has been discontinued, but it seems to still be available from some sources. However, it appears they never added support for that device with the Insteon Hub & app. My question is if I have a keypad that triggers a hub defined scene with a given button whether I could then go through the linking procedure manually (not through app) and add the IR Linc onto the scene via being a responder to that button?
              Harmony home or elite would integrate no?

Comment

Working...
              X