Controlling a receptacle wirelessly through Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling a receptacle wirelessly through Hub

I have a 2477s switch, a 2663-222 receptacle, and a 2245-222 hub.
    I have a low amp blower in a second story attic, and would like to control it via a switch on the first floor. The plug and switch are not wired together. There is no load wire at the switch location so I just capped off the red wire. I have it all connected and can operate them independently from my phone, but cannot get the switch to operate the blower. Do you possibly have an easy solution, or do I not have the correct Items to communicate wirelessly? Any help is greatly appreciated!

You can either create a scene in the insteon add and make the switch a controller of the controller for the fan or manually link the switch and fan.

press and hold the set button on the switch for 5 seconds then press and hold the set button on the fan controller for 5 seconds.

Comment

The plug and switch are not wired together. There is no load wire at the switch location so I just capped off the red wire. you are programming it to turn OFF in response to both an on or off paddle push! I have it all connected and can operate them independently from my phone , Written very well, Really like your blog .

Last edited by iosman; 02-26-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X