X10 control from a 2245-222 Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 control from a 2245-222 Hub

I just acquired 2 antique cabinets that came with X10 controllers for the lights. It was easy enough to connect them to my 2245-222 hub and I can control them through my phone's app, but I can't seem to add them to any group, switches/remotes, or be seen through Google Home. Any advice?

Thanks - jim

Thanks Tfitzpatri8. I suspected as much, but I could always hope. I had hopes for the X-10 devices, but will probably simply buy switches that are supported. I've thought about ISY, which may become useful if I start adding additional non-insteon devices, but that's down the road sometime in the future. I am curious though, is there a yearly fee for the ISY HUB? If so I'm sure its not much, but since my setup is rather small and most likely won't grow to large I suspect I'll just plan around the need for one.

Comment

The ISY994i is a standalone controller. So no yearly fee.
      Some of the things like the optional ISY Portal do. I think it is a two year cost.

Comment

I am curious however about your statement that X-10 devices are not listed as a feature on the 2245. If that's the case, then why is it offered as a device when configuring the hub?
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

From what I understand. X10 support was officially discontinued awhile ago in the modules {hardly any now list X10 support} but is maybe supported unofficially. Though it could be eliminated at any time. So counting on it always working in the future may not happen.

Like the 2635-222 On/Off Module. It does not list X10 support for adding an X10 address to it. I can still add on on my Revision 1.1S but it is flaky. If you ever send it an X10 Status Request. It reports a completely different X10 addresses status.
          Last edited by BLH; 08-01-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X