2245-222 hub connection lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2245-222 hub connection lost

Suddenly the connection to hub is not working, the light is green, I tapped the set button 3 times and did the network reconnection for that.
    removed power and plugged back in, restarted router, restarted PC, a few minutes later I had connection again and all devices showed up on my mobile app. 10 minutes later no connection again, I think it happens quite a bit as I get notifications one day and none the next.

I called Tech support a few minutes after posting.
    Connected with a nice person but very hard to understand.
    From what I made out , my hub was updated to version 1016 at about the same time, that's what I have to assume was the issue, not sure due to trying to understand what the person was saying. but it is still working , never had a problem connecting to web sites with phone or PC connected to the same WIFI network that the hub used. My hub is only 6 months old after the last one died after a 2 year run and was worried this one had issues also.
    Is there a way to check if firmware updates are available and manually install? would have helped diagnosing if the problem happened after initiating on my own if in fact this was the cause.
    Last edited by rajung; 07-06-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

We have a city owned utility company called Cedar Falls Utilities, fiber optic everything , with up and download of 100Mbps, not sure if that says anything.

Comment

It has been a little while since my post, and have had no problems since then
        Haven't noticed modem resetting and the only time my router restarted is when I manually did it while I had the problem, and at that time it did not help. Must of had something to do with the hub update at the same time I checked my phone app for sensors operations. I suppose a IP reassignment may have happened but not sure.
        Some of my home automation items include a GoGoGate garage door operator, Logitech Alert master system with 12 cams, 4 cams are PoE, Honeywell WiFi thermostat, 6 WeMo switches, 4 Belkin cams, 4 HD outdoor cams and 14 Insteon items, and Netgear Nighthawk router and Range extender, everything at the time still worked except for the Insteon stuff. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
        X