dimmer unstable on off randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dimmer unstable on off randomly

i just recently bought a home dimmer kit but it has bee acting weirdly. my lights are randomly turning on and off. i tried it with a small fan and same thing.
    i used a second dimmer and same thing.

any ideas?
    i unplugged the hub. still the same.

What type of load? Incandescent, LED, CFL bulbs?
    Model of the Insteon switch? If it is the two wire with no Neutral connection. It is made for incandescent bulbs only. As it steals power through the bulb.

Comment

110v
      2457d2
      3x 2watts Led
      also i tried it for a fan thinking i could use it as a switch to turn on and off and adjust power as i need

Comment

Are the 3 X 2 watt LED bulbs rated as dimmable for use on a dimmer? If not that could be part of the problem. Also possible they are not drawing enough current for the minimum wattage of five watts. Is the 2Watt rating the actual power of the LED bulb or the equivalent to an incandescent bulb?

Do not connect any type of motor like a fan. To a 2457D2 dimmer module. It is not designed to run a motor. You can damage the module or the fan. Could also result in strange things happening if connected to a motor.
        Last edited by BLH; 06-15-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

notes taken... thanks

Comment

Per specs on the Smarthome website for the dimmer: module: 5w.

I would suspect your issues have to do with the wattage being so low. If hooking your dimmers to the fan hasn't already damaged them, try using a higher wattage dimmable device.
            Last edited by lilyoyo1; 06-16-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X