Houselinc Device Definitions update to include latest products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houselinc Device Definitions update to include latest products

I have been using Houselinc software to help me set up my Insteon products since 2014. But since Insteon stop developing updates for the device List, when I try to add the latest motion sensor II ( 2844-222), the device is added as "unrecognized" and can't link it or change its properties.
    Does anyone know how to modify the Device.xml list file to include latest insteon products?

It requires you to add the device category, device subcategory and the assembly type which can be found in the developer notes. This is really meant to update existing devices that were coded into Houselinc while it was still being developed. The new motion sensor came out well after Houselinc was discontinued...

...but I have tried this and while I can get the 2844-222 recognized as the older 2842-222 motion sensor I cannot control or change any of the properties since the devices are so different. Better to use manual linking.

Comment

Did you ever get this working with HouseLinc ? I`m still using houselinc and my 2842-222 died yesterday, I kind of want to buy the 2844-222, but afraid it wont work with HL... I only see refurbushed options or of course ebay.

Comment

You will want to do manual linking with the new motion sensor if using HL. You can update the .xml and then HL will recognize the device as a 2842 but that's about it. There is a lot more to the 2844 than the 2842 so it would require some code changes which wont happen on a legacy software.

Comment

Working...
        X