Keypadlinc 6-button, one button not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc 6-button, one button not working properly

KPL is located in the master bedroom, so I keep the backlight at 2% so it does not keep us awake of a night. It is tied to a Fanlinc with Button A being Fan Low toggle, Button B being Fan Medium toggle, Button C being Fan High toggle, and Button D being Light toggle. It had been working great for a couple of years until the other night.
    We had a power failure, setting the KPL backlight to 100%. Half-awake, I went to set it back to 2%, but remembered the programming wrong and instead changed Button B from Toggle to Off. The next day, I tried stepping through the settings to get it back to Toggle, but it will only go to On or Off. I fired up Houselinc on the old computer it was on and tried to set it programmatically. The software shows it set as Toggle, On, or Off correctly, but when set for Toggle or Off, it functions as Off. It's also not just off for the controlled setting. It turns off the relay so the load for both fan and light are turned off (as if I'd hit the Off button). If I set it to On, then it works properly and only turns the fan on and to medium, ignoring the light state.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I need to replace it?

Edit: Also, I've tried doing the factory reset on the KPL and it 'worked' properly until I tried to program it, then it went back to B doing off.
    Last edited by mwmitch; 04-07-2018, 10:10 AM.
Working...
X