Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart thermostat for tankless water heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart thermostat for tankless water heater?

My tankless water heater is becoming the reason for high gas bills. I am much worried about this issue. A few days ago, my colleague suggested me to install a smart thermostat to overcome the bill. Do you think instalment of the smart thermostat is the solution or should I prefer to change my tankless water heater? I am also looking for tankless water heater reviews from here https://bestazy.com/best-tankless-water-heater/. Few of friends are also suggesting to go with an electric tankless water heater.

Secondly, I want some thermostats that could be effective for tankless heaters. I would be grateful if you share your experience with the thermostat.

I am much tensed so please come with the right solution.

Thanks
    Wired Thermostat (2441TH) Wireless Thermostat (2441ZTH) Thermostat Adapter (2441V)
    Last edited by DaniellTaphous; 05-12-2020, 10:40 PM.

Tankless water heaters generally aren't worse than a standard tanked heater - usually in fact they're slightly better. Sure, going electric will reduce your gas bill, but electric water heaters are horribly expensive to run as well, as per unit energy gas is almost always cheaper (at least in the US).

A smart thermostat, or even a normal programmable one, can reduce energy significantly by turning down the heat when you don't need it to run. Also it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a whole water heater replacement.

Comment

First of all, what makes you think that your current tankless water heater is contributing to rising utility bills? Unless you are using more water, it shouldn't be going up. Secondly, with what are you proposing to replace it? The benefit to tankless is that they use no energy until you run the water. As opposed to a tank heater, which must keep the water warm all the time, whether or not you are actually using any. Jec6613 suggestion to use a programmable thermostat makes no sense, as the water heater is only for water, not heating the house. At least I've never heard of a tankless water heater being used for radiant heat.

Comment

The encounters I've had with tankless water heaters have been truly poor. My sister has one hand is particular. For example, it closes of minutes after the heated water stream drops, because of killing the tap. It at that point pauses for a moment to heat back up, so, all in all you end up with cold water soon after you walk out on. I have discovered they additionally take fine to heat up, so on the off chance that you run the water sitting tight for heated water your wind up utilizing much more water.

As one individual has referenced, tracks are very much protected. They likewise offer valid on request heated water, it's prepared for you when you need it. Just issue with a tank is they come up short on water, however had I've heat up before long.

Editor - [Link removed per content creator request]
        Last edited by BetaTestCoordinator; 11-09-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

You can control a smart water heater from a smartphone app. Smart water heaters establish a wireless connection to your device, typically using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. On the app, you can turn the heater on and off, set schedules and adjust temperature. Most apps also let you monitor your water and energy consumption.

mcdvoice
          Last edited by Berns4850; 01-10-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

For instance, it closes a few minutes after the hot water stream stops because the tap is turned off. It then takes a moment to heat back up, so you end up with cold water soon after you leave the room. I've also found that they take a long time to heat up, so if you run the water while you wait for the water to get hot, you'll use a lot more water.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-29-2023, 09:10 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

A tankless water heater can only heat so much water at a time. If you demand more hot water than the unit can generate—for instance, if you run the dishwasher, washing machine and shower at the same time—the temperature of the water will fluctuate since the heater is trying to provide for all three locations at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Berns4850 View Post
                You can control a smart water heater from a smartphone app. Smart water heaters establish a wireless connection to your device, typically using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. On the app, you can turn the heater on and off, set schedules and adjust temperature. Most apps also let you monitor your water and energy consumption.
                That's really impressive! The ability to control a water heater from a smartphone app sounds incredibly convenient. Being able to turn it on and off, set schedules, and adjust the temperature right from my phone would make managing hot water usage so much easier. And the fact that the app allows monitoring of water and energy consumption is a great bonus! It's amazing how technology continues to make our lives more convenient and efficient.
                Last edited by jassyyy; 05-29-2023, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X