Home Kit App will only show Celsius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Kit App will only show Celsius

I use the Insteon Hub for HomeKit , with Insteon thermostat. My thermostat setting has always been to Fahrenheit. For some reason the home kit app now shows Celsius. When I do switch it to Fahrenheit in Home the thermostat changes to Fahrenheit but not the home kit. When I ask Siri what the temperature inside is she says she has problems communicating.

It appears that Home kit is sending the appropriate information for the thermostat but the thermostat is not sending it back properly to the hub or app period
    Thanks for your help

I think one possible reason for this issue is that the Insteon Hub is not communicating properly with the thermostat. Another reason could be that the HomeKit app is not set up correctly. So, I suggest you try resetting your Insteon Hub and reconfiguring it with the thermostat. If you are still having issues after trying this, I recommend contacting Insteon support for further assistance. drift boss
    Last edited by keithcory; 06-26-2023, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I can provide you with some general suggestions to help resolve the problem:
      1. Restart your devices: Try restarting both your Insteon Hub and the HomeKit-enabled device (such as your iPhone or iPad). This can sometimes resolve temporary communication issues.
      2. Check for software updates: Ensure that you have the latest firmware or software updates installed for both your Insteon Hub and your HomeKit-enabled device. Developers often release updates to address bugs and improve compatibility.
      3. Remove and re-add the thermostat: In the HomeKit app, try removing the thermostat from your HomeKit setup and then re-adding it. This can help refresh the connection and establish proper communication. PayMyDoctor
      4. Reset the Insteon Hub: If the issue persists, you may need to reset your Insteon Hub and set it up again from scratch. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for the proper procedure to reset and reconfigure your hub.
      5. Contact customer support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to the Insteon customer support or consult their online support resources. They will have specialized knowledge and experience with their products and can provide you with specific troubleshooting steps or further assistance.
      Last edited by Paul89; 07-17-2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X