No announcement yet.

2441th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stu, I looked to try and get a external power supply to the location and that isn't possible without some drywall damage. I am thinking maybe I will move the thermostat to a location that I could run a three wire to. We rarely use our heater, so we would just need to remember that if we want it 68 degrees upstairs, we might need to set the thermostat to 75 degrees.

The Nest and Ecobee are cool, but I am not ready to take the task of getting them to work with the ISY. I still struggle with the Schlage locks and getting them to do what I want, and not ready to take on any more things tell I can figure those guys out.

Your support on this forum is awesome, and really appreciate the time you take to help everyone out.

Michael

Comment

You might consider running power the the thermostat externally. A neat wire run vertically from the thermostat to the baseboard might not look too bad.

WiFi thermostats are not ISY controllable. I controll our Ecobee and Honeywell thermostats using Echos. I do not have as much control as I did with Insteon thermostats.

What's your problem with Schlage locks? I have a bunch that I control with the ISY. Start a new topic.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hi Stu,

I was reading about the Fast-Stat, and wondered if that would help me get the power to the 2441th?

http://fast-stat.net/

Thanks

Comment

The Common Maker seems to be the device that will work in your situation.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Thanks very much.

Comment

For heat only you can try this part:

http://www.smarthome.com/venstar-the...-only-kit.html

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
                For heat only you can try this part:

http://www.smarthome.com/venstar-the...-only-kit.html
                That relay is for use only with the Venstar wireless thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                X