Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless Thermostat 2441zth as a standalone controller with a Hub 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Thermostat 2441zth as a standalone controller with a Hub 2?

Hello, I am hoping someone can answer a question regarding use of the 2441zth wireless thermostat. Here is the use case: I have a small room that heats up a lot in the summer. I put in a pedestal fan, and connected it to a 2635-222 On/Off Module, and can control it via my Hub 2 (2245-222). Works well. But I'd like to automate this. I am looking for something to monitor the room temperature and trigger the On/Off module based on the temperature (like ON at 78 degrees and OFF at 72). I see that the 2441zth Wireless Thermostat can be used in Standalone mode, as a controller, but what is not clear is if it will work with the Hub, or I need an ISY or software like Houselinc?. The manual is a bit vague on this: "Group EF - Broadcast on any change (notification group for linked software controllers)". Will this work as a controller in a Scene on a Hub 2 (2245)? Thanks!

I use a 2441ZTH as a stand alone controller for a fireplace. Not being able to do it with the Hub is an obstacle, but not a deterrent.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

So then the Wireless thermostat can control the ON/OFF switch directly?

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
          I use a 2441ZTH as a stand alone controller for a fireplace. Not being able to do it with the Hub is an obstacle, but not a deterrent.
          Can someone please describe how this can be accomplished? I cant find info anywhere...
          "Additionally, you can use INSTEON Wireless Thermostat as a standalone controller, activating scenes toturn on heaters and fans based on the room's temp" - How would be nice lol

Comment

Originally posted by Formula84 View Post

Can someone please describe how this can be accomplished? I cant find info anywhere...
            "Additionally, you can use INSTEON Wireless Thermostat as a standalone controller, activating scenes toturn on heaters and fans based on the room's temp" - How would be nice lol
            Nevermind I found the full manual and its on page 13 of this PDF - http://www.smarthome.com.au/media/ma...at-2441ZTH.pdf

Comment

Working...
            X