Turn off AC when door opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn off AC when door opens

Hello. I have a vacation rental and I would like to use a door switch to turn off my AC when the door is left open. Perhaps with a delay.. I could use a low voltage controller to shut down the AC system at the thermostat. Then when the door is closed again, the AC system should return to normal. Could the hub be programmed for this functionality?

You would need an ISY-994i to program the timer logic as the Hub doesn't do that.

You might be able to link a door sensor to an IO link and have the IO link shut off your HVAC when the sensor is opened, but I have heard of some people only getting an On and not an Off when the sensor is triggered... but that might have to do with how the NO/NC terminals were wired on the IO link.

Comment

Thanks. I have 2 zwave doors switches, using them as the binary on off. Connected to the ISY-994 hu . Then I got a zwave low voltage rela . To wire into the 24 volt power feed to the thermostat I wrote the code using the online document that comes with the hub. Put a 90 second delay on the door open code. So just opening the door does not shut off the ac. Then wrote some code for when the doors are closed to turn off the relay. I have the NC and COm on the relay as the default So when it is off the connection is made for the ac to be on. I think this is going to work well .

Comment

Working...
      X