Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's tried this Sonos Integration? Mine doesn't work as it should.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who's tried this Sonos Integration? Mine doesn't work as it should.

I'm curious if anyone here has tried the Sonos integration. I'm having a number of issues with it.

First, it only finds three of my seven Sonos devices. I have three Connects, two Play:1s, a Play:3 and a Play:5. When I go to add a Sonos device, the Insteon app detects only one of the Play:1s (they're both in the same room, and they're both wired through Ethernet), and two of my Connects (one is wireless, one is wired). Every other device I have that can detect Sonos devices sees them all.

Once I add a device, I can control it with the presets (though the custom favorites workflow they've devised is pretty cumbersome) and shuttle controls. But I cannot seem to add any of the Sonos devices to a scene—not a brand new scene or an existing one.

Oh, and no matter how many times I change the icon for the device, it always reverts back to the Sonos Play:1 speaker icon.

Anyone else having these kind of problems, or am I just lucky?

Originally posted by rgunther View Post
    I'm curious if anyone here has tried the Sonos integration. I'm having a number of issues with it.

First, it only finds three of my seven Sonos devices. I have three Connects, two Play:1s, a Play:3 and a Play:5. When I go to add a Sonos device, the Insteon app detects only one of the Play:1s (they're both in the same room, and they're both wired through Ethernet), and two of my Connects (one is wireless, one is wired). Every other device I have that can detect Sonos devices sees them all.

Once I add a device, I can control it with the presets (though the custom favorites workflow they've devised is pretty cumbersome) and shuttle controls. But I cannot seem to add any of the Sonos devices to a scene—not a brand new scene or an existing one.

Oh, and no matter how many times I change the icon for the device, it always reverts back to the Sonos Play:1 speaker icon.

Anyone else having these kind of problems, or am I just lucky?
    Hi Richard,
    http://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/2015/11/12/you-already-have-the-maximum-number-of-sonos-players-configured - only 4 players are supported. I wonder what would happen if you unplugged all but 4 Sonos speakers? (just curious, not really a solution)

I've only got 2 Sonos speakers so I don't have any way of seeing what happens with more than 4. Mine are the original Play 5's.

Comment

I'll have to give that a try. It's weird that it's only exposing 3 of 7. Weirder still that it doesn't seem to be aligned around connection or device type. One thing worth noting is that I was able to create favorites for TuneIn and XM stations in addition to Pandora. Just can't set up playlists as favorites like you can in Sonos.

Comment

I'm having major league issues, too. I can't add ANY devices. Have made several calls to tech support. They say they will get back but they never do.I've spent $250 on Insteon products directly related to Sonos, including custom keypad buttons that I'm not sure I can return. I've tried at least twenty things, including: unplugging all Sonos devices and trying to add each one individually, reinstalling software on both phone and hub; deleting account and adding new one; force upgrading firmware on hub; rebooting router; plugging hub, router, and Sonos into the same switch; placing sonos and hub next to each other; unplugging network extenders. I can add other devices on the hub. My sonos system works perfectly from my phone. Bottom line: the product was not ready to be released. Timing of release has more to do with CES date than anything. What a joke.

Comment

A quick update:

I tried unplugging some of my devices to see if others might show up. Nope.
          I tried unpairing the one Play:1 speaker (of two that are stereo paired) that appears available to add. No change.
          I tried seeing which speakers my Harmony app can see and provision. All of them.

Still can't add most of my speakers. Still can't add any speaker control or favorite to a new or existing scene.

Comment

Working...
          X