Insteon 2844-222 direct connect to 2450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2844-222 direct connect to 2450

I read in the Motion Sensor 2844-222 User Manual that it can connect directly to some other Insteon devices without a hub. My question is can it connect directly to the 2450 I/O Linc? Can the 2844 connect to a 2450 via an ISY994i? Super-Simple Setup

Unlike other connected motion sensors on the market, Insteon sensors can be paired directly with wall switches, plugs and other Insteon connected devices - no hub required. Using with the Insteon Hub provides more features and configuration options. The choice is yours.

You can not directly link the motion sensor to the I/O Linc.
    The motion sensor is Insteon RF and the I/O Linc is power line communications only. As it is not Dual Band.
    Any Dual Band Module that receives the motion sensor commands. Should be able to pass them onto the power lines for the I/O Linc to process.
    So you should be link the two modules with the manual set button sequence if a Dual Band module is processing the sensors RF to the power line for the I/O Linc.

The motion sensor in the Administrative Console of an ISY994i could see the changes and do things with the I/O Linc also in the Administrative Console. As you said.

Right now only the basic detection is supported by the ISY994i. I have seen others use the HUB to set the options in the motion sensors and then use it in the ISY994i.
    Last edited by BLH; 12-08-2017, 04:53 AM. Reason: Add information.

Comment

Working...
    X