Setup frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup frustration

New house, new automation aspirations as I migrate from X10.

I have a new 2245-222, a solid WiFi network, and an android phone on which the Insteon Hub app installed properly. Login works. My desktop computer is wired via Cat-5 to the router, which is broadcasting at both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.
    The 2245 hub initiates and the light turns green. However, the app does not find the Hub (at 5GHz or at 2.4GHz). I've rebooted, reset the Hub and the router, faced east, tried various things several times. No luck - just frustration.

To make things worse, when I go to http://connect.insteon.com/ and log in, I get a blank page with the Insteon logo.

PLEASE HELP!!

Originally posted by notaguru View Post
    New house, new automation aspirations as I migrate from X10.

I have a new 2245-222, a solid WiFi network, and an android phone on which the Insteon Hub app installed properly. Login works. My desktop computer is wired via Cat-5 to the router, which is broadcasting at both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.
    The 2245 hub initiates and the light turns green. However, the app does not find the Hub (at 5GHz or at 2.4GHz). I've rebooted, reset the Hub and the router, faced east, tried various things several times. No luck - just frustration.

To make things worse, when I go to http://connect.insteon.com/ and log in, I get a blank page with the Insteon logo.

PLEASE HELP!!
    Just for curiosity...I tried to logon to that beta logon URL and I can logon but also get blank screen with logo only....I don't use that logon just my App on my Android device. Perhaps the moderator can shed some light on this.

Comment

Connect.insteon is for the 2242 hub only. The 2245 is not compatible

Comment

Which app are you using? Make sure you are using the insteon for hub app

Comment

Yes, it's INSTEON FOR HUB - the android app with a booming 2.7 stars rating by other frustrated users.

Still, HUB NOT FOUND, though WiFi is working perfectly in this house.
          Last edited by notaguru; 03-13-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

SOLVED!
            Called Insteon, got instantaneous/courteous/competent service from MATT. He found that I had a previous account tied to that device, so deleted it. All is well, and kudos to Insteon.

Comment

Just so you know, the Insteon Hub is NOT WiFi, it's hardwired to your router. Your router is WiFi (as is your smartphone).
              Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
              Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
              X