Standard (Non-Insteon) LED Bulb Stays On...Will Not Turn Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard (Non-Insteon) LED Bulb Stays On...Will Not Turn Off

I purchased the following Insteon Products: 1. On/Off (Non-Dimmer) Switch (2477S). 2. On/Off ToggleLinc (Non-Dimmer) Switch (2466SW). 3. On/Off (Non-Dimmer) Module (2635-222). 4. Insteon Hub (2245-222). I installed all but the On-Off Module. I am 'very' pleased with these Insteon Products; their concept, design, function and quality. All devices are indoors. The On/Off Switches are, each, controlling an Outdoor Pole and Porch Lights. The system, along with the Hub and App, works great....as long as I have Incandescent Bulbs installed. I purchased the On/Off Switch, Toggle Switch, and On/Off Module so I can use standard, every day LED Bulbs. When I removed the Incandescent Bulbs and installed the LED Bulbs, the LED Bulbs stayed On (the switches were Off) and I was unable to turn them off. When I removed the LED Bulbs and installed the Incandescent Bulbs again, everything was working properly. I checked all wiring and voltages as I installed each switch. I have no idea where the problem is. Please 'Help!' Has anyone else experienced this issue. I appreciate all your time, assistance and support.

Reply to RayDeo... Concerning this toggle-linc device. Your post is almost identical to posts I made on Amazon! I thought somehow my post got in here. I have same equipment and had same experience. I found the toggle-link device (power line only communication) is sensitive to CFL and LED bulbs. Incandescent only, will work. I am guessing this is due to the noise generated by
    CFL and LED technology on the power line used to communicate between your 2245-222 hub and this toggle-linc. Toggle-linc model info:
    2466SW ToggleLinc Relay INSTEON Remote Control On/Off Switch Non-Dimming
    Last edited by Bob56capp; 10-24-2016, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X