Insteon with Lutron wireless remotes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon with Lutron wireless remotes.

Lutron makes a really nice wireless zigbee remote that works hue bulbs. I still need some insteon devises such as fan controller and inline switches... But is there any sort of bridge that would allow me to use either the Lutron zigbee remote or pico remote with insteon products? Lutron remotes just look way nicer. I have one insteon remote for fan controls and it doesn't match well and they offer no custom label etching... Luckily the printing washes off well....

Here is a photo of two Lutron zigbee remotes and an insteon.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

An ISY can control X10, Insteon and with the added module Z-Wave, too
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I have an isy 994i/ir. Im actually about to put it on eBay. They don't support home kit and there UI is based on flash witch is not recommended to have installed any more... It's also a bit overly complicated for what need.... I was hoping something simple like a staples hub would work...

I guess my other option would be to get a caseta hub and then just install 2 caseta on off switches. One under my fan canapy then one in the fliresent light controller... I would loose speed control on the fan though :/...

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
          Flash isn't required at all for the ISY, you can remove that entirely. The Administrative Console for the ISY uses Java.
          That's right... Haven't used it in a while.. Either way it was a constant PITA logging in on my mac. I was always having to updat java or what ever and jump through hoops... Either way... HomeKit finally seems really stable as of iOS 10... Even the hub pro works great with it.. But I'm mostly using hue bulbs with the Lutron switches now... Insteon makes a lot of cool accessories.., but they need a major update when it comes to the looks department... The keypadlinc actually looks nice and has a good build qulity.... Switches and remotes... Not so much.... I though about trying to take apart an insteon remote and having it inside a Lutron zigbee remote... I don't know though.

I kind of wonder if caseta pico remotes can be used to control other HomeKit devises with the casteta smart hub.

Would be nice to have the versatility of insteon and the aesthetics of Lutron.

Comment

Working...
          X