Interference from other house holds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interference from other house holds

Hi I recall X10 have a device you can place at your circuit breaker panel (or MCB as they call it in Asia) to filter out X10 commands from your neighbors. Do we have anything similar for Insteon? If it's not required, can someone please elaborate why?

It's not required. X10 had a total of 256 address and an X10 module could be set to any one of those addresses. If your neighbor had a device set to the same address as one of your modules, then the signal could possibly reach your home and control that module.

Insteon devices have 16,777,216 unique IDs. In addition, in order to add an Insteon device to a controller, you must have physical access to the device (i.e, press a button) or know the ID. X10 has none of those requirements.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Like Stu's said, Insteon doesn't need it. I included a link that includes the Insteon white papers which has more detail.

http://www.insteon.com/technology/#ourtechnology

Comment

Okay thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X