Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to program "radio button groups" from within the app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to program "radio button groups" from within the app?

I have several 6 button dimmers and when looking at the owners manual it makes sense for FanLincs that the 6 button switch be setup in a "“Radio” Button Groups (only 1 LED of “N” at a time")
    Page 15 : http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2486DWH6-en.pdf

How do you accomplish this with the insteon hub and insteon app? I don't want to sit there and press/hold buttons over and over again to set this up. Especially since the document says 'software recommended'.

The Hub makes it much easier to configure radio buttons. Here's the scheme:

Scene A
    Button A: controller or both
    All other buttons: responder only Off

repeat for each button.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Need some pictures for clearer

Comment

Looks like your pdf file is corrupted. I downloaded it but can't open it. Do you have any other files?
        geometry dash meltdown

Comment

With the Insteon Hub and Insteon App, you can control and automate your smart home devices by connecting them to the Hub and setting up rules and schedules through the App. You can also remotely control and monitor the devices from your smartphone or tablet.
          Create UI elements: First, create radio buttons within a group container, such as a linear layout or a relative layout.

Set radio button properties: Set properties such as text, background color, and checked state for each radio button in the group.

Assign unique IDs: Assign unique IDs to each radio button in the group to distinguish them from one another.

Define a group: Using RadioGroup class, define a group for the radio buttons and add each radio button to the group.

Set event listeners: Set event listeners for the radio buttons to detect user interactions and update the state of the selected radio button.

Implement the logic: Implement the logic for selecting and unselecting the radio buttons and updating the user interface accordingly.

Test the functionality: Test the functionality of the radio button group by running the app and interacting with the radio buttons. Upsers
          Last edited by Robertmills; 02-12-2023, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertmills View Post
            With the Insteon Hub and Insteon App, you can control and automate your smart home devices by connecting them to the Hub and setting up rules and schedules through the App. You can also remotely control and monitor the devices from your smartphone or tablet.
            Create UI elements: First, create radio buttons within a group container, such as a linear layout or a relative layout.

Set radio button properties: Set properties such as text, background color, and checked state for each radio button in the group.

Assign unique IDs: Assign unique IDs to each radio button in the group to distinguish them from one another.

Define a group: Using RadioGroup class, define a group for the radio buttons and add each radio button to the group.

Set event listeners: Set event listeners for the radio buttons to detect user interactions and update the state of the selected radio button. mini militia game

Implement the logic: Implement the logic for selecting and unselecting the radio buttons and updating the user interface accordingly.

Test the functionality: Test the functionality of the radio button group by running the app and interacting with the radio buttons.
            thank you so much for sharing your unique info it is very helpful for me i am also have this problem and i think it will be work i try it
            thanks....
            Last edited by hopethrone; 03-11-2023, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cyr0nk0r View Post
              I have several 6 button dimmers and when looking at the owners manual it makes sense for FanLincs that the 6 button switch be setup in a "“Radio” Button Groups (only 1 LED of “N” at a time") 1v1 lol
              Page 15 : http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2486DWH6-en.pdf

How do you accomplish this with the insteon hub and insteon app? I don't want to sit there and press/hold buttons over and over again to set this up. Especially since the document says 'software recommended'.
              I think you should attach an image to the article to be more detailed.

Comment

To set up the "Radio" Button Groups for your FanLincs using the Insteon Hub and Insteon App, you can follow these steps:

Open the Insteon App and go to the "Devices" tab.

Select the FanLinc device that you want to set up the "Radio" Button Groups for.

Go to the "Settings" menu for the FanLinc device and select "Button Configuration."

Select "Radio Button Groups" and then select "Enable Radio Button Groups."

Follow the instructions provided in the app to configure the "Radio" Button Groups for your FanLinc device. This will involve pressing and holding specific buttons on the dimmer switch in a specific order to set up the groups.

Once the groups are set up, you should see the LED indicators on the dimmer switch change to reflect the group status.

Note that you will need to follow the instructions carefully to set up the groups correctly. It may take some time and effort, but once the groups are set up, you should be able to control your FanLinc device more easily and efficiently using the "Radio" Button Groups feature.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 03-24-2023, 10:42 AM. Reason: Removed hidden link

Comment

To program radio button groups in an app:
                  1. HTML Markup: Use <input type="radio"> with the same name attribute for each button and unique id attributes.
                  2. JavaScript Interaction: Add event listeners to the radio buttons to detect changes and retrieve the selected value.
                  3. Further Actions: Perform actions based on the selected value, such as showing/hiding elements or sending data to a server. Adapt the code to your programming language and framework.

Last edited by INSTEON John; 06-29-2023, 08:55 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Use Radio Button Groups to toggle between different functionality in a single view. Tabs replace the entire view based on the selected tab.
                    Last edited by INSTEON John; 01-17-2024, 09:03 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                    X