Hub Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Pro

Been looking through a variety of threads since there does not seem to be a dedicated are for Hub Pro 2243-222 questions. I've purchased on the premise that newer, latest and greatest will get more functionality. That thought seems to be in error. I had invested in several switches years ago and a SmartLink Controller 2412. The simple basic function to turn a light on at sunset cannot be completed on the Hub Pro. While I appreciate not having to punch a hole / port forward on my router, there is concern in some of the articles read in this areas as well. I travel to the US a fair amount and due to high roaming rates I turn off data, what I read is that the device aka phone controls the schedules. So would this mean that my scheduled time on / off for my lights would not work? How about time zones, would my schedule move to PST from EST while in California?

It really seems to be that I have essentially taken many steps backwards here.

Comments please, it appears my next move is the 2245-222 so I can schedule correctly.

The phone is used to set up schedules, not to run them. The Hub runs schedules based on the location selected in the Hub no matter where the phone is.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks Stu, my reference was to a post indicating that the scheduled events were not running when away or phone not connected

Here: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...les-don-t-work

I am still missing a few other features however the sunset option is definitely one. I do like the capability of running Homekit enabled devices there are a few things I would like to add to home outside of Insteon. 2245-222 looks like my direction dismissing the Homekit capability or running it to specifically control those.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X