X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get motion detector to turn off one light

Hello,
    I have just installed a 2477D
    what i had hoped to do what use the motion sensor to turn on this one light and turn off after 30 minutes of inactivy

i created a scene and added those two devices.

the problem is that after 30 minutes it turns off the light but also turns off another device that is not part of that scene. And i have to even added this other device to the hub(or at least it is not listed as a known device)

Any ideas?

thanks for any help

1. What is the other device?
    2. Why haven't you added it to the Hub?
    3. Which Hub?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

hello stusviews,
      thanks for responding
      I have the new smaller hub 2245-222
      i do not have the other switches on the hub because i am using them with an INSTEON 2411R IR TO INSTEON CONVERTER and a Harmony remote. there is no reason to have them on the hub

thanks
      Randy

Comment

Delete the MS from the Hub. Factory reset the MS and add it back. There's no need to reset the responder (other switch), only the controller (MS).
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

thanks but no joy,
          i even went in via the API and made sure all that looked ok.
          one thing i did notice was

via the API i listed the device and saw
          "ConfiguredGroups": 1,

any idea what that is for, could not find good doc that described its purpose.

thanks

Comment

What steps did you take to factory reset the MS?

Comment

Factory Reset

Return Motion Sensor to Factory Settings
              1)
              If possible, remove Motion Sensor as a controller of all responders before proceeding*
              2)
              Remove battery
              3)
              Wait 15 seconds
              4)
              While pressing the set button, reattach the battery
              After about 2 seconds the LED will turn on
              5)
              Continue pressing the set button for 5 seconds and then release the set button.
              The LED will turn off after about 2 seconds
              * If you do not unlink, your responder will to continue to respond to Motion Sensor even after factory reset procedure is complete.

Comment

You'll have to factory reset the device that you didn't link to.

Comment

Working...
                X