Scene not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene not working

Hello! I purchased an Insteon Starter Kit. I setup the hub (which had trouble updating, but otherwise walked through setup successfully), setup an account and plugged in the dimmer switches. I connected two lamps in two different rooms to the dimmer switches.

I used a Windows PC to setup the Hub and due to an issue the software has on Windows, I couldn't specify a location for the Hub. I ignored the location issue and setup a scene with a schedule that turns on one of the lamps at sunset and turns the lamp off at sunrise. Later, I used an iPhone to set the Hub location.

​For two days now, the scene has not worked properly. It doesn't turn on automatically and it doesn't turn off automatically. Can anyone suggest troubleshooting tips?

Thanks!

Jared

Have you verified your location? Does the scene not turn on at all or does it turn on at the wrong time? As a check, change the on time to a few minutes from now. Did the scene respond correctly?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks, Stusviews. I figured out the issue. When I used my wife's iPhone to set the Hub location, I didn't go back to the Scene setup to make sure that "Sunrise" and "Sunset" were given times. Even though the Hub had a location, the Scene didn't automatically get the benefit. I re-created the automatic rules for the Scene and now it's working like a charm!

Comment

Working...
      X