Fanlinc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanlinc

I can .not get my fan to run correctly on Med or Low it just spins really slow like its not getting enough power. Am I missing something? Don't give me that answer is your fan set on high

Originally posted by jon1nba View Post
    Don't give me that answer is your fan set on high
    I won't give you that answer because the most obvious answer is that your fan in NOT set to high. Use the app or KeypadLinc to set the fan to high. Wait. Pull the chain once. Wait. What is the result? Pull the chain a second time. Wait. What is the result? Pull the chain a third time. Wait. What is the result?

Or do you not have a chain?

Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      here are the results

App set to high
      fan on high fan is running at top speed high
      pull chain once now fan is now running at med speed
      pull chain again fan is now running at low speed
      pull chain again fan now is off

App set to med
      fan set to high fan barley spins
      pull chain for med speed same result
      pull chain for low sames result
      pull chain fan is off

App set to low same results as above

The fan is hooked up to a regular switch and not a 3way switch. It had a working remote before installing the fanlinc. The old remote was then reinstalled fan work again just fine. the old remote system was the same type of controller .
      Insteon support was not much help and Were I got the product from smart home does not return its call's so I can't even get an rma to try to return it. Say goodbye from ordering thru them anymore

Comment

The Fan has to be set to its High Speed and left that way. For the FanLinc to operate properly. With the App or any other Insteon controller it is linked to.

Comment

Of course I know that

Comment

What are you using as a controller of the FanLinc?
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I searched before asking the same question. My scenario is nearly the same, The fan on low is tuning about 30rpm. Much slower than the switch it replaced. It's not a cheap fan and I like to know if the slow speed will cause damage. The speed likens to the old Hunter fans that turned so slowly, but they were designed for it.

Comment

Working...
              X