Can't Add Any Devices to Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Add Any Devices to Hub

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased the Starter Kit along with a motion sensor and micro on/off module. So far I have been able to set up the Hub but have not been able to add any devices. Each time I try to add a device it appears to be recognized and then the connection test fails after 2 or 4 minutes. When attempting to connect a device the hub beeps and the device beeps and then the blinking on the device stops as if it has been recognized. I've attempted to add the 2 plug-in modules that came with the kit and also the motion sensor. So, the problem does not appear to be powerline or wireless related.

The steps I've taken to so far to fix the problem are:
    - Delete and re-create insteon account (3 times)
    - Factory reset hub (3 times)
    - Use the iOS app (wireless network) and Windows apps (wired network)
    - Followed these steps here: http://support.insteon.com/customer/...es-through-app
    - Updated Hub firmware.
    - Verified correct location and time on Hub.

Hub Model 2245-222 rev 1.3-1615

Does anyone have any more troubleshooting tips? I plan on calling tech support tonight but thought I would ask around here first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe

I don't have any additional tips, but tech support is available only during business hours.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X