anyone know where insteon motion sensor dev notes are stored online now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLH View Post
    Thank you for the added information Stu. Glad to read Carlos is still around.

I am no longer doing any Insteon Development. Too many, unliked by me, changes.

I wounder if they are still charging for Insteon Engineering time to answer developers questions?

BLH,
    what software were you supporting?

I've been supporting homeseer with my insteon plugin
    Last edited by mnsandler; 02-21-2018, 05:05 AM.
    Author of the Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2, HS3, HS4)

Comment

In the early days of the Developers Group. It was being sold to individuals interested in the hardware or software end of Insteon. I was interested in the hardware.
      That was when we could interact with Insteon Engineers in forum messages.

I did try the SALad Language software and SDM3 for the 2414S/2414U PLC's. I never did anything with the PLM series controllers.
      Last edited by BLH; 02-15-2016, 04:18 AM. Reason: Correct and add information.

Comment

Does anyone know how I can get the salad ide? I have the developers guide PDF and the isolated Plm dev kit but I can't seem to find the salad ide and specifically the pic reference code for building my own insteon device. Emails to insteon have gone unanswered. I guess I am too small of a fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott451 View Post
          Does anyone know how I can get the salad ide? I have the developers guide PDF and the isolated Plm dev kit but I can't seem to find the salad ide and specifically the pic reference code for building my own insteon device. Emails to insteon have gone unanswered. I guess I am too small of a fish.
          what interface are you trying to support with the salad IDE? i have an old dev guide (October 14, 2005) that has some salad references
          Author of the Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2, HS3, HS4)

Comment

The 2412S,2412U,2413S,2413U PLM's {PowerLinc Modem} do not use the Salad IED compiler. The old 2414S, 2414U and 2814U PLC {PowerLinc Controller} modules use it.

Are you thinking of the original HDK Isolated Developers Boards?

Old Developers Guide indicates Salad IDE would also compile programs that also could be downloaded to the EEPROM memory on the Developers daughter board. Along with the memory on the PLC daughter boards.
            Salad IDE compiles a program you can download into the program memory on the daughter board and not to the proprietary main controller on the main board.

I don't believe the SaladIDE compiler program was released for public access. I know I got it as part of my membership in the original Developers Group.

Are you also going to need the SDM3-308 or SDM3-278 if you are using the PLC's? It could be released with the programs we created and may still be available on some developers sites.

The source codes for any Insteon firmware chips where ever released to anyone.
            Last edited by BLH; 02-16-2018, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Yes. I have the hdk #2610. I need the salad ide to compile and download test programs. The developers guide talks about pic source code as a reference design but it sounds like that was never released.

Comment

Salad IDE was part of the developers group membership.
                I checked the license agreement. It can not be given away to others.
                Salad IDE only compiles programs that can be downloaded into the three discontinued PLC model daughter boards and developers hardware kit daughter board. As you indicated.

I found an old link to the 2610 Serial or USB HDK Kit.
                Indicated a purchase of the Insteon Development Kit was also necessary.
                Both are now discontinued.
                Last edited by BLH; 02-18-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X