Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know where insteon motion sensor dev notes are stored online now

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    anyone know where insteon motion sensor dev notes are stored online now

    they aren't at http://www.insteon.com/developer/ where they should be
    Author of the Mark Sandler Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2 & HS3)

    #2
    Looks like the motion sensor Developer notes are no longer there.
    If I run into them I will post it.
    Last edited by BLH; 12-04-2015, 04:21 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by BLH View Post
      Looks like the motion sensor Developer notes are no longer there.
      If I run into them I will post it.
      I'm specifically looking for the changes that were included in fw 44. I think they added a heartbeat msg and maybe something else.
      Author of the Mark Sandler Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2 & HS3)

      Comment


        #4
        Since they dissolved the Developers Group and web site. I have seen no new documentation at all.
        Not to say that some of the active members where given a new site. I was not invited to.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BLH View Post
          Since they dissolved the Developers Group and web site. I have seen no new documentation at all.
          Not to say that some of the active members where given a new site. I was not invited to.

          i've been pinging the beta email address and others but getting no response. so 3rd party developer support might be dead. I'll check one more time.
          Author of the Mark Sandler Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2 & HS3)

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mnsandler View Post


            i've been pinging the beta email address and others but getting no response. so 3rd party developer support might be dead. I'll check one more time.

            Did you ever get a copy and if so can you provide a resource link
            Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

            Comment


              #7
              No docs and i can't get a response from the beta email, or the New Manager that took over for Carlos A.
              Author of the Mark Sandler Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2 & HS3)

              Comment


                #8
                Unfortunately I am not too surprised.
                UDI has had an evaluation 2867-222 Alarm Module for I believe two months. The promised API information needed to add it to the list of supported Insteon Devices. Has been stalled for almost as long as they have had the module itself.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  No docs and i can't get a response from the beta email, or the New Manager that took over for Carlos A.

                  OMG Carlos is gone?!?!

                  Well that explains a lot now wow is this going to be a complete cluster . . .
                  Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Carlos helped me a few times. Sorry to read he is gone.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Guys,
                      i understand the developer group still exists somehow/somewhere. anyone know any more? As a developer, i need more support than is provided via the beta group
                      Author of the Mark Sandler Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2 & HS3)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        Guys,
                        i understand the developer group still exists somehow/somewhere. anyone know any more? As a developer, i need more support than is provided via the beta group
                        Its safe to say being included in the Beta group hasn't offered any more insight, direct feed back, or documentation.
                        Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by BLH View Post
                          Carlos helped me a few times. Sorry to read he is gone.
                          [url="https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlosanchia?authType=name&authToken=Cn4z&trk=wont on-desktop"]Carlos is not gone{/url]
                          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Guys, It looks like Insteon is going to support developers more on a one-on-one basis via email rather than via the beta group or some other online forum.
                            Author of the Mark Sandler Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2 & HS3)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thank you for the added information Stu. Glad to read Carlos is still around.

                              I am no longer doing any Insteon Development. Too many, unliked by me, changes.

                              I wounder if they are still charging for Insteon Engineering time to answer developers questions?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X