Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I/O Linc Input to Trigger Its Relay ON, ISY to Control Off - How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/O Linc Input to Trigger Its Relay ON, ISY to Control Off - How?

I have an optical sensor at the top and bottom of a stairway, with stairway lights along the wall next to the stairs. The optical sensor gives me a contact closure to the i/O Linc when someone steps on the first or last step. Power to the lights is controlled via the relay in the I/O Linc. I want the sensor to trigger the relay on (lights on) but I want the ISY to turn off the relay after a delay time. From what I can tell, when you link the I/O Linc inputs to its output (the relay), it does turn on the relay when the sensor input is active, but it will turn it off as soon as the input goes away. Don't want that.

Is there a way to establish an ON link from the sensor input to the relay output, but no OFF link? I want the sensor to turn on the lights but the ISY to turn them off.

I know I can do both ON and OFF entirely through the ISY but when I do that it incurs a delay - a variable delay, sometimes really quick and sometimes really laggy. A turn-off delay I'm OK with but I want a quick turn-on when triggered which is why I want the device to link to itself for ON.
Working...
X