Motion sensor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensor issue

I bought 2 motion sensors for outdoor lighting. I have a scene for lights to turn on and off at set times. I was hoping I could have motion sensor start working 1 minute after lights are off. For example outdoor lights off at 11:00 pm. Then have them on motion at 11:01pm. I can't get this to work. What am I missing? Tried night only. tried an on time and off time. No luck. Why so hard to figure out? I got it to work partial but it won't turn on all the lights I have set to come on. Then it turns them off at a time I want them on after motion.

The Insteon motion sensor does not have the ability to be scheduled. If you are using a Hub, then an external power supply and On/Off Module would work. Then you would schedule the On/Off Module.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That stinks. I guess I will return them.

Comment

There's a workaround. Power the MS using a battery eliminator, plug the eliminator into an On/Off Module and schedule the module. There is also the option of software and/or hardware that has programming abilities to accomplish what you want.

BTW, which motion sensors are you aware of that can be scheduled?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

So I can't have an issue with a product? I want the motion to work after my inteon timed light turn off. Insteon can be set to night only. It seems as though it should be able to be done. The MS has an option to SET an on time. I just does not work. It should work as all other devices do. I have sent them back. But thanks for the workaround stusviews. I will live without for awhile and check into this when I get free time.

Comment

Of course, you can have an issue with something that doesn't work the way you want it to as long as you are aware that the Inseon Motion Sensor works exactly the same way as virtually every motion sensor does.

The Motion Sensor does NOT have an option to set an on time. The Motion sensor does have an option to set the on duration.

Comment

I am having a hard time getting my motion sensor to work with an outlet. It had been so long ago that I initially set it up and now since I reset everything, I can't get it to work. What might I be missing? I have tried to set up a scene for the outlet to the motion. the motion to the outlet, followed directions in the Quick Start guide. Nothing seems to work.
              iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
              iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
              iPod
              Android tablet Version 4.0.4
              Hub II: 1F.66.64
              Firmware: 5679
              Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
              PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
              2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
              1 Motion sensor
              3 keypad
              3 outlet
              4 wall switches
              1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

I don't know what you're missing because I don't know the exact steps you took nor the result of each step nor which outlet. BTW, did you try a factory reset (requires removing the battery)?

Comment

Not sure what I did but it is working again, most of the time. Sometimes you can walk by and it won't trigger and then sometimes, you barely move and the light comes on.
                  iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
                  iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
                  iPod
                  Android tablet Version 4.0.4
                  Hub II: 1F.66.64
                  Firmware: 5679
                  Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
                  PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
                  2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
                  1 Motion sensor
                  3 keypad
                  3 outlet
                  4 wall switches
                  1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. I have a question, probably you already have discussed this topic. I would like to set up the motion sensor to work only on specific hours, it is possible?

Comment

You can schedule the Motions Sensor with Insteon management software or an ISY.

Or you can plug a battery eliminator into an Insteon On/Off Module ans schedule the module. The Hub does not have the capability to schedule the Motion Sensor.

Comment

Working...
                      X