KPL 2334-232 Always Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPL 2334-232 Always Off

Need help with 2334-232. I set button D to "Always Off" mode. I link all of the lights to button D and when I hit it, all of the light goes off just fine. However, button A, B, and C on the keypad stays lit. I can't seem to be able to link them to button D in "Always Off" mode and have them off when I press button D. When I change button D to "Toggle" mode, linking to button A, B, and C is straight forward and works. It is just when it is in "Always Off" mode that I can't get it to link and function properly. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have a hub. Is it possible to accomplish it without?

Comment

1. Ensure that button D is in "Always Off" mode. Turn on buttons A, B, and C.

2. Press and hold button D until it beeps starts to blink, about 6-10 seconds.

3. Press and hold button A until the blinking stops, about 3 seconds.

Button A will now respond to the All Off. It may take a couple of button presses to get the button to sync.

Repeat for buttons B and C.

Or

1. Ensure that button D is in "Always Off" mode. Turn on buttons A, B, and C.

2. Press and hold button D until it beeps starts to blink, about 6-10 seconds.

3. Press and hold the set button until it blinks green.

4. Tap the set button. Nothing will change.

5. Hold button A for more that 3 seconds.

6. Repeat for buttons B and C.

7. Tap the set button.

It may take a couple of button presses to get all the buttons to sync.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

thank you for the response. I wasn't able to get the it to work. I just tried it with button A. D is in 'Always Off' and I followed the directions to link it to A. I repeated the set a couple of times. When I hit D, all of the house lights go off, but button A stays lit. If button A is off and I hit button D, all the lights goes off and button A comes on.

I called Smarthome's technical support. They said that 2334-232 actually doesn't have an 'Always Off" mode. It only has 'toggle' and 'Always On'. that I'm actually in "Always On" mode and what I want to do is not possible. They stated that is why when I link D to A, it turns button A on rather than turning it off.

I was not aware that 'Always Off' was not available on this switch. It is a replacement for 2486D that was able to do this.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
          I have also see features disappear on newer modules or firmware. Many times not documented on the sale page or manuals.

Comment

Try this (the sequence matters):

1. Place button D in Toggle mode.
            2. Turn button A off.
            3. Turn button D off.
            4. Hod the set button until the KPL beeps and starts blinking, about 3 seconds.
            5. Hold button A until the blinking stops.
            6. Place button D in Always Off mode.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I put button D in "Toggle" mode and followed the directions to link it to button A. I checked it and it it controls button A as it should. I then put it in "Always Off" mode and try it. It controls button A but rather than turning it off, it turns it on. So it did not work.

I looked at the instructions for 2334-232 button modes. It only shows "Toggle" and "Always On" as options. I guess there really isn't an "Always Off" (as stated by Smarthome tech support). I think that I'm in "Always On" but have link all of my lights to turn off when D is pressed. I would think that it would be possible to link button A to turn off as well.

I may remove the switch from the wall and just try a series of linking combination to see if I can get this to work. I'm a hobbyist with home automation and enjoy tinkering. I have to say that this one has got me stumped.

Comment

So, if the new keypads no longer allows an "always off" mode for a button, how do you have a button do an "All Off" for the lights in my basement without having the buttons LED lit?

Comment

You could use software like the ISY to make it work. The ISY can put the 2334 into toggle off only mode. It cannot be done through the hub or manually.

Comment

Working...
                  X